Saturday, August 7, 2010

Riding The Open Road

I'm not sure why this moment with Kelty seemed like such a momentous moment, but it did. Today Kelty rode his bike about 3/4 of a mile, on a quiet dirt path, up and down little hills to visit the deer. He was quite the sight to behold ... chugging along on his Radio Flyer Tricycle, sporting his helmet and sunglasses ... on a mission he was ... and he wouldn't let mommy help when his little legs got tired. I think he was out to show me he could do this on his own ....

The beginning of our little bicycle journey. I toted Kelty down to the path in the "Kelty Carrier" and carried his bike ... I was feeling a little out of shape! Yikes! When we reached the path we strapped on his helmet and hit the road ...

He rode his bike about a 1/2 mile to visit the deer ....

I thought this was so cute ... when he got off his bike to visit the deer he took of his sunglasses and rested them on his bike handles ...

Continuing our journey ....

When he got tired, he refused to let me push him or the bike. He insisted on pushing the bike along the path until he was ready to go again ...

That's my 2 1/2 year old little boy .... who doesn't seem so little anymore.

5 comments:

  1. Aww...that's awesome that he can ride his bike so well!
    Love the b&w pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what a cute post! I can't believe he is 2 1/2 already ?!?!? It seems like just yesterday Al called to tell us you were pregos. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your cherishing and sharing these moments with us. Before you know it, his bike will have a motor on it and he will be hitting the road again, just like Grandpa Reichlin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely adorable! You captured some great moments. I really like the picture where he's on his trike and the tree-lined road is before him - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you post a tutorial for the Felt Monster Wallet?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails