Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Hopes For The New Year!

Sorry no photo's this post ... I have to replace the batteries in our camera. I spent a few hours at our neighbors house earlier in the evening New Year's Eve ... at midnight I was nestled in our bed with the dogs reading a Good Housekeeping magazine. :o) I don't remember the last time I was actually up to celebrate New Year's! I really wanted to start 2009 on a positive note so while Kelty took his morning nap I took a quick shower, skipped the hair and make-up, ignored the un-packed boxes from vacation and started on a new project! I wanted to start the new year by giving so I managed to make 5 fleece blankets for The Children's Home in Tampa. Now I just need to deliver them! After Kelty woke up from his nap, we ate a good lunch and then went on a 3-mile bike ride ... he was pretty content but I was a little tired by the end of the trip. After our bike ride we played outside on his 4-wheeler ... it was a beautiful day. I'll miss the sunny, cool days of Florida (all 2 of them). :o)

My hopes for the New Year ...

STAY FOCUSED ON THE GOOD STUFF
I have an amazing husband, a healthy and wonderful child, a loving family and good friends. I hope to focus on the blessings I have in my life and stop complaining about the things that aren't perfect!
"ME" TIME
I have read and I do believe that mommy's need their own time too ... if mommy isn't happy the family isn't happy. I am desperately trying to convince myself that this isn't selfish thinking. But it isn't healthy for me not to have an outlet or a break for "me". Before we leave FL I most certainly WILL pick-up a few shift at Fantasmic and I WILL take time to exercise and I won't feel guilty about it! I wouldn't mind an afternoon at a spa either (soo, girls in Tampa ... when do you want to go?) After we move to Germany I hope to get back into running a dance program and teaching Yoga ... even if only for a few hours a week.
EMBRACE THE PRESENT
I wrote a little saying on my MySpace page last year ... "I believe we are always looking forward to the good times we will have in the future ... only to get to the future and realize that we were living the good times in the past". What I was trying to say is that we need to make the best of the moments we have now, stop thinking "things will be better if" or "things will be better when" ... because when we finally reach those "if" or "when" times we're already thinking of future "if" and "when" times ... and those days we thought could be better weren't so bad after all ... the best moments we have are the moments we are living now and those moments will someday be the only memories we have .. let's make them good ones!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

  1. (One of) my hopes for the new year: that Jaime will update her blog more so, even though she's moving to Germany, we can stay updated on Kelty and the Clay happenings.

    You'll get a moving grace period, but once you're settled in, I demand more consistency! Please : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails